Time and Tide Wait for No Man

Sunday, February 19, 2012


I only spent a day in class this week. Three days on a computer course and eventful Friday didn't get me anywhere. I left them homeworks to do, my year one completed all three worksheets while my year fives struggled to keep up. I'm not discussing on my year five pupils, rather focusing on the brighter note, my year ones.

Three worksheets were given, I've blogged it in my previous post. The first day, I asked them to read and colour the handout. The pictures and works selected were the ones taught in previous lessons. They should find it easy as they can guess the word based on the pictures. It is nothing challenging in this task. I just want their time to be occupied while I'm not around.

This worksheet was revised when I got back in class on Thursday. As an extension, they need to take it as a homework, cut out the words and pictures and paste it in their reading book. I further stressed that they need to do it with their parents because I don't them to get a cut while using the scissors. Its also a chance for the parents to look at the words we have been learning.

Despite the busy schedule, 1P had the time to finish their overdue writing task which was to write the capital and small letter N. I was lucky that they managed to finish because I hope to introduce more letters in becoming weeks.

Sadly, I have another 2 days course  next week and all I can do now is figuring and preparing worksheets for their revision. I need to go in detail for the relief teachers this time as I find some of them rather clueless on what to do with my year ones.

Next week's tasks

On the first day, I plan to leave them with the reading cards. As usual, they need to read and colour. Then, they will be asked to cut and paste in their reading book. I will note down the detail instructions for the relief teacher and will leave the worksheets with the senior assistant. I think this way it will work better rather than leaving the worksheet with the pupils.




On the second day, I need them to do some writing on the words learned. Sometimes I am confuse because I am only teaching them alphabets, but I am asking them to write the words?  If you were to look at the activity book, the exercises for the week will involve sentence writing and this is even harder than my worksheet. At least here, they already knew the alphabets and need some nip and tuck on their writing. Maybe on Thursday, I will revised more on the phonemes /d/ and /i/ and relate it to the reading cards and the writing exercises.





Reflection 

I need to do more. I need to think of ways to teach more to 1S and scaffold 1P to the max. Class management should be more efficient. I think I need to move about 100% more, as of now I'm not sitting down, wonder if I can make myself fly? :P At present, pupils that slow down the class progress are isolated and seated in a group at the meeting table. In a way, they race each other to finish. Assessment need to be executed, I'm thinking of March, so that I can identify which areas need concentration and revision. Till then, I am praying hard for all of us. Insyaallah, Allah is always with people who are trying hard to improve themselves.



Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. hmmm.... yes ALLAH will always be there for those with the effort. dont give up.... set ur head up high, coz following the post on ur blog i know you can and will manage to achieve things that u aim for in time. always a that nice smile on ur face, kay. take care.

    love you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks a lot for the good wishes. i need them so much. i just don't want to be a burn out teacher who only whines but no action done. there are many inspiration around, only that we need to open our eyes, hearts and minds. Insyaallah....

    and hey, i love you too. thank you for stopping by. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing all your documents. I really appreciate it.. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming!

Proud to be an Alumni

Proud to be an Alumni
Thank you for the opportunities!