Paper Duck

Wednesday, August 29, 2012


Wow!

It took me so long to find the vibe to write. So here I am, getting my thoughts out, in proper written form. Updating a Facebook doesn't provide the same satisfaction as writing blog will give you. At least that's how I feel.

In one of the language arts lesson, we made a paper duck. It has been a while since we made something. So I goggled to find the most time-saving craft, easily made and can serve its purpose. Found it here.

After they have made the duck, we did a simple show and tell. The pupils hold their finished craft and say out loud the sentence patterns that I have prepared. Ya, I know, a second language learner need constant guidance. It is okay for me, as long as they are willing to perform in my class, then I will find ways to get them engaged.

Firstly, I fold the paper plate into half.

Oops! I brought a Styrofoam plate, so I had to cut it out.

Pupils used the template given by the teacher to make the face.


I made the face and coloured the beak.


The paper plate added volume to the duck.


The legs were made from a cardboard. 


Stick every loose part. The head, the legs and the tail.


The final product. I have made a paper plate duck!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for coming!

Proud to be an Alumni

Proud to be an Alumni
Thank you for the opportunities!