How to study English?

Saturday, May 09, 2015

How do you study?
Alhamdulillah for the opportunity. It was an hour of  awesomeness with the children. In attendance was the pupils from year one to year six with teachers from diverse subject accompanying them.

Since I have multiple range of audience, the activities selected are for easy and intermediate level. The participation was superb! The attention? I can't ask for more. Congratulations to the teachers and pupils of SK Kg. Salang for the hard work you have poured in to create a welcoming environment in the school.   

No photos of me doing the activities! *Regrets*

The talk was about How to Study English? Ya, I know, countless articles written about it,  talks given, tips shared and hey the sources are endless! Nevertheless, children learn best by doing and that's what I was trying to do. There are 7 ways to study English suitable for primary school children and I let the children explore the activities with my guidance.

There were weaknesses on my part that I wish to make amends to in the future. I hope to do small groups activities, like a workshop and prepare materials according to abilities. I would also include more songs as attention getters (although claps and cheers work fine but variations would be interesting!) familiar songs such as nursery rhymes to retain their attention during activities.

Will there be a next time? I pray so.

Cheers!!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for coming!

Proud to be an Alumni

Proud to be an Alumni
Thank you for the opportunities!