Save the Turtles

Friday, February 10, 2017

Yesterday, I conducted a workshop for Year 6 students. The area of interest was reading and we read about turtles. I love these exquisite beings and I would love to share it with the students.

This was my lesson note for the workshop.


These were my slides.


This was the video used for the closure.


My reflection:

I love having students as my learning partners. It was a fresh breath of fresh air since being a teacher coach. Students or as I love to call them, young learners are honest, entertaining and responsive. I admit, surrounded by them makes me feel young, wanted and purposeful. 

Some people might find it sad when you place your happiness to someone or something other than yourself, but as a social being, I find that statement is just a facade of ego. Anyway, enough of my thoughts about myself. Back to the lesson!



The workshop was structured in a way that each group of learners will stop at a particular station for 30 minutes. Therefore, I had three different groups with each group consisted of 12-15 learners. The lesson started as I planned but with less crazy-me nature, err I don't want to scare them and their teachers who were at the back of the class. 

The part that I missed doing is the gallery walk, because of the lack of time. My anticipation of their capabilities was off the mark and we ended spending more time on vocabulary review. Nonetheless, it gave insights on looking at the task from their point of view thus providing them some tricks required in order to understand a sentence. 

Alhamdulillah. There was a girl who giggled through and through when I demonstrated the trick, the sentence became hilarious but was glad, she got the idea and the jokes! 

I think for future development of this lesson note, is to drop the last part, although it would be nice to have an exhibit, but there was not much time....time, time, certainly not on my side. I will try to concentrate on SQ3R and talking drawing and how these techniques can be used to facilitate understanding in their daily learning. 

These are some good words from the students. 



Thanks guys for making my day a happy one! 




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for coming!

Proud to be an Alumni

Proud to be an Alumni
Thank you for the opportunities!