Giving a little thought on the board management.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Since my last article on Bansho, I had the chance to apply what I learn during my workshop with the year 6 students. While it is easy to read and write article on it, the application part needed some thought and review because I want to be true as not to erase anything and yet keep the content relevant throughout the lesson!

This is my first try on Bansho at a school.


This is the second.

while the third, which was on last Monday, err....I forgot to take any picture, but it was as the second!

Nonetheless, these two differ slightly as the understanding deepens. During the second and third workshop, pupils work were compared but it took place at a corner because I find it too crowded for it to be on the same board. 

Applying Bansho in my class certainly has open a new perspective and consciousness in demonstrating good management in note taking. However, the activities from the workshop didn't require the students to note anything therefore, I think I have not achieve a level four in Bansho. 

In addition, Bansho technique pushed me to incorporate higher order thinking skills into the lesson as it requires some analysing from the part of the students. By looking at samples from others they understand which part were they lacking without having me to show their mistakes. The only thing I emphasised was the answer or in my case, the drawing my not be exactly the same as theirs, but the main ideas were depicted. 

Democracy of this kind in the classroom may demonstrate a lot of things that mirror real life. In life, people tend to be unique in their approach to things and teachers should make room for this to happen in the classroom. Allowing variation in arriving at a certain answers would be an eye opener and a trigger for creativity. We would want our students to be able to evaluate things in life from different perspectives, enrich themselves with great thoughts and ideas so that the possibilities are endless!

In short, Bansho helps me to rediscover knowledge, tactful management and wonderful experience. Maybe you had experiences using Bansho and would like to share?





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for coming!

Proud to be an Alumni

Proud to be an Alumni
Thank you for the opportunities!