10 Great Things that Happen During Riddle Skype

Friday, March 15, 2019




Alhamdulillah. Give thanks to Allah, the Most Gracious.

There were a lot of great things happened during our Skype session. I wish to highlight 10 of it. The order of writing doesn't mean I favour no. 1 over no. 10. It is just in the order I remember it. However, no. 1 is everlasting because my tastebud fell in love with it.

1. The teachers gave me a box of cheese tarts as a token of appreciation. I believe the baker did a great job, as the cheese was soft and fluffy. Yummy! Cheese tart and Skype? Aha!


2. The students understand the flow of Skype without having to be reminded. And, I loved the way they navigate themselves and help each other out.


3.  Our Japanese friends showcased their musical talent. Edelweiss was a beautiful song. I hope I will have the chance to sing it with the students of SK Seri Berang next time we meet. 


4. I am eternally grateful to the teachers of SK Seri Berang. All of them were blessings from God and I wish them the very best in life. Thank you for having me at your school.


5.  Piung got her chance to witness Skype! I told you it is possible, Piung....


6.  Everyone worked hard and committed towards making Skype a reality. Even the technician participated as our photographer. 


7. I think our favourite word from Skype is the word HINT. Our Japanese friends have an accent, therefore, we have difficulty in understanding them sometimes. HINT was pronounced as HINTO. 


8.  When our Japanese friend told us they were having lunch, one of our students made a remark about having lunch in the classroom and her concern for cleanliness. I explained that Japanese students serve and clean up their desks and nearby area afterward. She seemed to be interested to learn more. I wish I have time to visit and tell her about everything I know about Japanese school. Or we can have another Skype, this time about culture? 


9. The teacher, Madam Haruka a nice lady. She was polite every time. She even emailed last year just to say hi, since I was quiet due to my pregnancy. Being a teacher with a different vision for her students, she sometimes faces adversity. After all, being different pose a threat to some people. But what I learn from her is that to never let others deter your passion to educate students in your own special way! Thank you, Haruka!


10.  At the end of the session, students answered a questionnaire mainly tap into their experience. All of them said they were happy doing Skype and would like to do it again. They also indicated their desire to learn English better after experiencing Skype. I hope in the future,  I will be able to do Culture Skype so that students can learn about others and take it into their life lesson. It is like killing two birds with a stone since students need to hone their English language competency as well as learning about other people in some parts of the world. 



That's all for now. We enjoyed our SKYPE. Well, have you SKYPED? 

#skypeintheclassroom
#skypetolearn

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for coming!

Proud to be an Alumni

Proud to be an Alumni
Thank you for the opportunities!