Books I have read lately...

Thursday, December 23, 2010

With school holidays nearly coming to an end, I did put some effort in my reading...I mean its a waste if I don't do any leisure reading during this time.


The first book that I read is Jodi Picoult's House Rules. You can read the synopsis here. I find the storyline rather dissapointing however, if you are a CSI enthusiast, you will certainly enjoy the book. Lots of details on how to solve a crime were divulge in this book and personally I got lost in all the technicalities. In contrast, I managed to finish the book and acquire some knowledge on Asperger syndrome.

The best part of the book will be the quotes that Jacob used whenever he is lost of words. Some of his quotes are:

"The first rule about the Fight Club is don't talk about Fight Club."
"One martini please, shaken not stirred."
"Love is doesn't have to say you're sorry"


Thanks for the memories by Cecelia Ahern is another trial of mine into getting back to romance novel. I used to read Sidney Sheldon, Nora Robert, Danielle Steel and got so infused into 'love will conquer all' ideology. As i grew up and experience pain and joy in love, I let go of my interest to pursue the other side of me. Then again, this book brings back all the experience into life and some part of it I do enjoy. Sadly, how much praise it has for the author, I don't find myself reading Ms. Ahern book ever again. No offence, it is just how I see it.


I hope you did some reading on your own during the holidays. Feel free to write it down on the comments below.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for coming!

Proud to be an Alumni

Proud to be an Alumni
Thank you for the opportunities!