Guided Reading

Monday, February 28, 2011

Encouraging reluctant readers to read is not easy. Even to get them to watch a video in the second language was an agony. They block their senses to hearing, reading or writing the language. This situation causes me frustration but I know some measures must be done.

Starting from tomorrow, I think I will allocate 30 mins, 3 times a week for Guided Reading after school for the year 5T. I will start off by not forcing them to read but just by listening to me read. Once I got their attention, only then I will ask them to read. The strategies Im going to adopt and adapt for my class are from the suggestion from this site.

The strategies outline are suitable for my adaptation plus it covers the area which I find lacking in my TnL activities, assessment and evaluation.

I look forward to conduct this programme and I hope it will bring a little success if not much in their reading.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for coming!

Proud to be an Alumni

Proud to be an Alumni
Thank you for the opportunities!