Song Puzzle

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Following the suggestion of my best friend Amilee, I organized a song puzzle activity to spice out my teaching and learning activities in the classroom. The song chosen for this activity is More by Usher. It is an upbeat song. I find the song suitable not only for its rhythm but the motivational properties entails.

The lyric of the song can be found on many websites. I print it out, cut it into 7 pieces and asked the pupils to rearrange the lyrics based on what they hear. I downloaded the song from YouTube.



It was fun to see them in groups trying to figure out which one came first. Many managed to piece the puzzle after concentrating hard on the song. I think this activity able to attract their interest and develop their listening skill. Although it is just rearranging, maybe in the future I can ask the pupils to write down the words they hear.









You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for coming!

Proud to be an Alumni

Proud to be an Alumni
Thank you for the opportunities!