Classroom rules. Part Two.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

My 2012 Classroom Rules

I don't mean these are the only rules. These are the core. It might appear childish and unnecessary or it is a universal truth, then again my learners aged between 7 to 12. They need rules that are not ambiguous in nature and very specific. I'll observe the execution if these rules to a "t" in the first three months and make appropriate adjustments or modifications if needed.


Reflecting on my teaching practices, I start off the class with greetings. However, I dislike the idea of pupils standing to greet me, so I always ask them to sit whenever I enter the classroom. Then, we recite the "doa" seeking God blessings for the day's lesson. I will check their tidiness, the hair, hijab, clothing and their desks, asking them to clear up any mess (rules no. 2). If there are any homework due for submission (rules no.3), I will ask for it but I hardly check those who didn't hand in because I don't want to feel upset and start scolding.


....and teaching time, I'll teach as per lesson plan, yeah right...the lesson will be modified every time because I need to cater to their moods and understanding. A teacher needs to be flexible and dynamic to ensure the delivery of the contents reach the pupils and achieving the day's objectives. During this time, rules no. 4 plays an important part and it is crucial for the pupils to adhere to it. In order to learn, pupils need to focus their senses, if they talk, disturb others or play it is doubtful they will understand what the teacher has been teaching.


Toilet breaks? I will allow it for 2 periods class, in the second period (rules no. 5). If the class is immediately after recess obviously I won't allow for breaks. Sometimes pupils just like to go out, get a fresh air or escape from something, that is why I don't allow it often and has to be strict about this. Furthermore, it is dangerous for young learners to be wandering around the school because you will never know what they will do because it is out of your radius.


The supreme rules of all, rule no. 1, it can be use to outlaw everything, decide on new rules because I am the King in the classroom. A teacher will always try to be fair, Insyaallah, so there should not be doubt of me misusing my power.






Can't wait to see my new pupils!






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for coming!

Proud to be an Alumni

Proud to be an Alumni
Thank you for the opportunities!