Double Duty

Saturday, March 31, 2012

I decided to do double focus for all the skills.

The contents in the textbook were rather too much for the week to run through. The words involved were sight words that requires multiple exposures for the pupils to master.

The words are:

Head, Shoulders, Knees, Toes, Eyes, Ears, Nose, Mouth, Run, Kick, Jump, Skip.


Day One, continue from last week: Reading

We read the vocabulary a lot. We wrote all the body parts in the writing book. It is a reading lesson, ya I know, I am guilty of doing this. I think I should focus more on reading games so that they will be able to get the words right.

Writing

For 1P, we continued the reading lesson cum writing lesson. As for 1S, I decided to do some enrichment activity as I got them to write sentences based on the pictures. They needed guidance at first, but many managed to do it. However, the clear indicator will be the individual assessment on writing in the coming Bands.

The second day of writing involved the actions we can do with our body. For this I taught them a new song which requires me to skip, jump, kick and run in the classroom. Phew!! It was fun though. The words of the song were as such:

"Skip, skip,
I can skip,
Skip, skip,
I can skip,
Skip, skip, 
I can skip, 
I can skip with you!

Then, you substitute the verb with any verbs that you like. Sing it to the tune of skip to my lou.

The pupils then need to write with guidance, I can skip. I can run, I can jump and I can kick. That's all. Then again, it is all mechanics. I have to teach the vocabulary in order again next week....

Language Arts

Buntings! I just love them. We did people buntings and I will post the pics next week. Many were confused because I did the explanation in English, but still those with visual spatial intelligence able to figure out what I meant.

Its a whirl wind week. Need to focus on vocab and its sound. Crazy week, period.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for coming!

Proud to be an Alumni

Proud to be an Alumni
Thank you for the opportunities!