Attention grabber

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

There will be a time in your class when you are on top of your lungs 

and

no one seem to notice...

You will be wondering why, out of frustration begin to nag or get angrier

until the time is up and you are relief to be out of the classroom...

I learn the hard way to get attention from my pupils.

and Ya, I was the one yelling, screaming and my favourite nagging!

Until...

Picture from Sergii Figurni i stock


Few years back, I learned to keep track of the things that my pupils love...

singing, dancing and a silly teacher!

So I started to sing when they were busy making noise or doing other things, 

I made silly faces or tell jokes,

I play music on my radio,

and find song for every activity...


On tour for coaching and mentoring, I found teachers with ideas for getting attention.

I manage to capture this and I hope you do find some inspiration. 





There are 4 parts in this video, it consists of greetings, intervention , goodbye and  praise.

Well, I made that 'intervention' term, as I saw that the teacher use the grabber to get the pupils back on track throughout the lesson. 

I love the improvements she made in her classroom. I wish her the best of luck!





You Might Also Like

2 comments

Thanks for coming!

Proud to be an Alumni

Proud to be an Alumni
Thank you for the opportunities!