Classroom Management Apps for Teachers

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

I love these apps! Recently, I had the chance to introduce it to my teachers during a course. These apps help me to manage behaviour, responses, workshop materials and ideas. I found that teachers learn to appreciate technology in the classroom as they went along the activities in the workshop.


plickers.com
This app may be used on both phone and computer platform. Firstly, I create questions and multiple choice answer. Then I projected the question on a screen and the teachers will show me their plicker cards. The plicker cards must be in the orientation of the intended answer. I scanned their answers using my phone and teachers will see their responses recorded on the projected display. Teachers were excited to get their responses recorded and they will call to my attention if theirs weren't tabulated. And oh, the app is available on both iOS and android.

classdojo.com
Ting! It was the sound my teachers loooovee to hear! It meant reward for them and I found them looking for ways to get points. I reward my teachers when they observed the time, kept the area clean, asked questions, give suggestions and working hard on task. Some of the teachers were also penalized for noise, but hey it's ok. It was to demonstrate how the app work. I downloaded the app from PlayStore, but I am not sure whether it is available on Apple Store. What I love most about the app is the report that you can generate at any time and if you want to use it in class, you can get the parents connected.

padlet.com



Since a workshop will produce a lot of display, I decided to use Padlet for this purpose. For me, a Padlet is a softboard in a classroom for materials display. My teachers posted pictures of themselves, their group activities and of course, their work.
These are some of my Padlet which I share with my teachers for a few of my workshops during the year. Feel free to browse!

Made with Padlet


Made with Padlet



Made with Padlet

Made with Padlet


Made with Padlet



Give it a try, and feel the difference!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for coming!

Proud to be an Alumni

Proud to be an Alumni
Thank you for the opportunities!