Teddy's Life

Saturday, May 21, 2011


This week, the writing class took a little diversion as we explore Teddy's Life. This tiles kit which belongs to my youngest, Achik was bought mainly to teach him the sequence of events and encouraging creativity and imagination. I decided to give it a try and experiment it with my Year 5 pupils. 

The activity was conducted in groups and each group will get 3 tiles of different events. Pupils were required to create one sentence for each tiles and it must be unique from one another. The cycle went for three rounds as there were 3 tiles given. To assist them, I provided some clues on how to go about the task. 

1. Look at the tile.
2. Observe who are involved.
3. Observe the surrounding, for example the things used, the place, colours.
4. Adhere to the SVA rules upon sentence construction.

All in all, they did a great job! I am very impress! This task can be expand in the future by requiring them to write independently.Maybe I'll try that. 











You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for coming!

Proud to be an Alumni

Proud to be an Alumni
Thank you for the opportunities!