Extending, Accepting and Declining Invitation

Monday, September 12, 2011

5B had another role-play today! A Hari Raya Open House....

Pupils were asked to sit in a group of 5. One of them will act as the host and the rest will be the guests. Before the role play, I have written a script for them to act out. I will type it later here... ;)

In the script, I include the language to use when you want to extend, accept and decline an invitation. These are adapted from the BBC Learning English website which I found very useful and I think I will be a frequent there.

The section requests and offers certainly applied to the current teaching and learning. The expressions are very useful in aiding young ESL learners in exploring their horizon as a proficient second language user. 

As a follow up task tomorrow, I would love if the pupils take some time to go through these sites and listen to how the native speakers use these expression. Some would think my approach is rather disorganize but I believe by teaching them first in the ESL context will prepare them better to confront the language in other context. Confidence is easier to develop when you started off with something familiar.

For my pupils, here what you have to do for the follow up activities....
1. Please click on the link below.

Click here

Click here

2. Download the media and listen.
3. Scroll down and answer the question.
4. Write down your answer in the comments.














Please click here if you want to look at some of the pictures that we took.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for coming!

Proud to be an Alumni

Proud to be an Alumni
Thank you for the opportunities!