Dilly Ducks Doughnut: Role Play

Monday, March 12, 2012

Where is my doughnut?
I am not sure whether the term role play is over rated as per title, but hey for year one to memorize three lines of second language in few minutes, I think they are perfect!

Last week, in an enrichment activity for 1S, I tried to incorporate role play in the listening and speaking focus. Pupils memorize few lines from the dialogue and act it out.

In order to find the actors for the role play, we did some exercise so that they are familiar with the dialogue.

1. I grouped the pupils into 3, Dilly Duck, Dotty Dog and Iggy Iguana.

2. Each group will practice the dialogue based on the characters.

Dilly Duck
Hello, I am Dilly Duck. I am sad. I am mad!
 Dotty Dog
 Hello, I am Dotty Dog. Please don't be sad. Please don't be mad.

Iggy Iguana
Hello, I am Iggy Iguana. I found a doughnut. Yum!
3. After some time, the groups recited the dialogue in groups. Some of you might relate this to choral speaking.





4.  Time for little role play!



Behind the scenes

Phew!!! The pupils were very noisy due to practicing the dialogue. I find the ones in Dilly Duck and Dotty Dog were committed in the recitation. Maybe the dialogue for Iggy Iguana was a little difficult for them.

Anyway, after the actors did their role play, one of the girls who belong in the same group went on to hug her friend because she felt proud of her performance. My heart beamed with pride because I know many did enjoy the activity.

If you notice one of the girls in the role play, Anis Husna, she was amused when Zakwan recited his dialogue confidently with his american accent and funny tone.

Many of them, although were not selected to act, they remembered the dialogue and use it to mock their friends. :) am I one proud teacher? YES!!!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for coming!

Proud to be an Alumni

Proud to be an Alumni
Thank you for the opportunities!