Fashion week!

Friday, October 12, 2012



What a coincidence! It is the International Islamic Fashion Festival, right here in Kangar, and our class learnt the topic related to clothing!

The props for the lesson.


The vocabularies learnt are not much, mainly jacket, vest, hat, cap and dress. These words were derived from the phonics learnt in the previous class. While most of them understand the words, the weaker pupils still need constant drilling in memorizing these words.

In KSSR, the words were repeated through out the week and exercises were done to ensure constant exposure. I don't have high expectations. For the weaker pupils, I am satisfied when they were able to identify the initial and final sound of these words and relate it to the letters. At least, when given a list of words they would be able to guess the words being pronounced.

In the language arts class, the activities were varied. The weaker pupils made paper doll. I asked them to make one clothing item for the doll. The doll reminded me of the ones I used to have during my childhood.


I managed to slot in entrepreneurship in the lesson by asking them to imagine that they are a tailor making dresses, how much they would charge?, while many can't quite figure it out, I hope it tick their mind in some way.
























You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for coming!

Proud to be an Alumni

Proud to be an Alumni
Thank you for the opportunities!