Robot talk blending

Monday, June 01, 2015

The fun part was making the robot. We do not need a lot. Just a big box and the usual crafting supplies.

The robot has a horizontal opening on its mouth which is crucial in the exercise I will explain after this. 

There were a lot of supporters for robot talk blending. If you google on blending activities, robot talk will be suggested in the variables. That's what made me try robot talk for blending. 

How I did robot talk?

  1. Sound the onset then rime.
  2. Learners blend the sounds
  3. For correct blending, learners feed the robot with the words/pictures.


And these are my findings:

  • Robot talk blending is suitable with learners of L1.
  • L2 learners need to have a background knowledge of the language in order to understand robot talk.
  • Robot talk can be use to learn syllable once the learners of L2 have been taught the target word.
  • The robot horizontal opening on its mouth cause my learners to giggle when they feed him.


Supplies!
Work in Progress
Meet my new friend! MAX


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for coming!

Proud to be an Alumni

Proud to be an Alumni
Thank you for the opportunities!