Skype with Vietnamese Trainee Teachers

Thursday, August 08, 2019

There are a lot of things you can learn from the novice. First of all, you can admire their curiosity. They are curious just about anything and they are not afraid to ask. Secondly, these people are highly motivated. They go all over for knowledge and don't take no for an answer.

Hello!
These qualities exhibited in the teachers that I came into contact yesterday. A friend from the Microsoft Education requested for a session with his teachers. In my mind, I thought they were those young bubbly just about school leavers who will be in attendance. I got the shock when I realized that most of them were not as I imagined them to be, I was sorry for myself for being a stereotype.

Hi guys!
The session went for 30 minutes with Q&A about my whereabouts (MYSTERY SKYPE, in action!) and a lengthy discussion about the cultures of both countries. We also shared some ideas on how to use technology in the classroom and how it may benefit students.

Isn't she lovely?
This session helped me and the students of Mr. Tien Mai to connect, and Skype helped to personalized that connection. By having a video call, the presence can be felt as we were able to look at each other, understanding cultures by observing how people act and react.

Have you ever Skype in your classroom? Give it a try, you will feel the difference!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for coming!

Proud to be an Alumni

Proud to be an Alumni
Thank you for the opportunities!