Velcro Story Board

Friday, April 24, 2015


Using velcro to stick teaching aids. The idea is not new, but it is to me.  A teacher offered me a space in her school at the self-access learning centre, so I took it as an opportunity to do a story telling board.

The materials laminated

I choose 3 books for story telling from Eric Carle. I am fascinated by those books because he has a way of telling about nature from an interesting perspective. The books are highly educating with colourful illustration and carefully worded for young learners to understand.

I believe the stories will catch the learners attention at the target school provided that the teachers are able to story tell effectively using appropriate gestures and intonation.

To supplement  the story telling, I searched for lesson plans and activity ideas to be adapted for classroom. Click on the book title to go to the lesson plans.




Before

After
The board is very simple. I posted the title of the board and teachers are free to use the space for story telling. Simply stick the materials accordingly, preferably in sequence to the story. Teachers can choose to leave the materials on board for the rest of the time or continuously to replace it to suit the story line.

I will post the video once I got the chance to visit the school again. In time, I will spend my time dreaming about it!

Let me know if you are interested to do the velcro board at your school. I might want to chip in!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for coming!

Proud to be an Alumni

Proud to be an Alumni
Thank you for the opportunities!