Here come new ideas for exam classes!

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Drilling, lecturing and more worksheets! These are the staples of students from exam classes, typically associated with form five and year six students. The exaggerated emphasis on doing well in public examination has driven many teachers and students down to this lonely, dark and misery lane. 

Down this road, we suppressed our students to rote learning which left no room for personal creativity and sense for learning. I personally felt that and how I wish somebody could help me back then. Time passed and my ideas about how knowledge should be taught have changed and the sky seems brighter now. Nonetheless, as we are dictated by the current system, we are still on the same road but I am optimistic to look at the bright side and I hope much more are with me. 

In this module, I presented some ideas on teaching important content for the exam but in a fun manner. These ideas are tried and tested from previous workshops conducted to year six students, therefore, they are manageable for teachers and adaptable based on students’ proficiency level.

Many thanks to my respected friends, Sri Rahayu Gulam Ali and Marsuzaina Mardipi from SISC+ Perlis for the refinement of the ideas and the collaboration on the workshops.
This module is divided into 3 parts, teaching grammar, teaching reading and teaching writing. Each part may be conducted in isolation or infuse together. I choose to write the module based on the format of the lesson notes provided by Bahagian Pembangunan Kurikulum. This way, it would be easier to implement or to adapt the lesson. However, given the nature of the modular configuration, teachers must observe the cycle prior to the implementation of this module. The materials are taken from the year six English Language textbook for Sekolah Kebangsaan. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for coming!

Proud to be an Alumni

Proud to be an Alumni
Thank you for the opportunities!