Workshop: Demonstrating Group Work

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Recently I got the chance to conduct a demo to a group of teachers and officers from the State Education Department. It was a great experience and me and my team had fun! Fun was an understatement, in fact it was FANTASTIC!

Days prior to the workshop we prepared the lesson notes, teaching materials and classroom display. My class was an English class and we taught writing using adjectives. The most important part of the demo was the management of group work using I DO, WE DO and YOU DO technique. Below is my lesson notes for the demo. It does not state the level of the pupils because it was very general and if you are interested, you may modify the language content for your class.


The feeling card (left) and sample of writing flash cards (right)

Materials prepared by me, Mdm Nonie and Mr. Z!
Feeling chart

Never violate my rules or I'll send you to the reflection corner! Haha

YOU DO flow chart

Mdm Nonie!


Having fun and being photo bombed by my colleague!

Busy busy busy

The class before we turn into ours! Haha

My dedicated students discussing on their writing.

High Five!

Teaching peers on the word they have learnt.

They looked amused, I'm glad!

Could you describe their feelings?

Ustaz was having fun!

Between slots! 

So serious? Really? Anxious maybe?


My buddies! Thanks to my loyal photographer Mdm Ayu!

Look forward to another session with the teachers...I hope to send someone to the reflection corner next time! Naughty me!!!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for coming!

Proud to be an Alumni

Proud to be an Alumni
Thank you for the opportunities!